View the achievements achieved by FOHN and download any related articles and reports below.
The Faculty Development Group published a position paper on Occupational Health Nurse Education, Funding and Regulation. The Faculty of Occupational Health Nursing (FOHN) Development Group (FDG) position paper considered the current issues in relation to the availability of validated education courses, funding of education, regulated standards of practice, and revalidation for occupational health (OH) nursing in the United Kingdom (UK). Recommendations where made to address the issues raised and form a large part of the strategic objectives of the FOHN.
In April/May 2016 a survey was conducted to gather the views of UK occupational health nurses. The survey had three objectives:
1. To gather information and opinion on what the OHN profession want and expect from a future FOHN.
2. To gather information and opinion on what the OHN profession think about OHN education now and for the future.
3. To understand the demographic characteristics of nurses working in the occupational health setting.
The survey was completed by 1,429 OH nurses and results were published in the Occupational Health [at work] journal in a two part series (first edition published October 2016).
Key findings include:
- The need for an OH nursing ‘voice’ to represent the profession.
- The need for professional support, guidance and resources for OH nurses.
- To ensure that OH nurse education is fit for the future.